Sunday, March 06, 2011

Suffer for sound...

Playlist
Various – Natural Progressions
Matthew Florianz – Koude Handen (Bonus Tracks)
Klaus Schulze – The Dresden Performance
Stomu Yamashta’s Go – Go
The Tubes – Young and Rich
Adams – Violin Concertos
CPE Bach – Clavecin Concertos
Albinoni – Violin Concertos
JC Bach – Quintet in C
JS Bach – Violin Concertos
Handel/Bach/Purcell – Zadok the Priest

Up just after seven and cut my hair...



Then, to the PC and opened the inbox to find messages from Mathew Florianz and Sid Smith...

Mr F had mailed me three extra tracks from the sessions for his last LP – more superb ambience – while Mr S commented in support of Friday’s illustrated walk to Avalanche – and to give me his take on Stevie Wonder...

Both inputs very much appreciated on a sleepy Sunday morning...

Surfed about till 10 – redefined the classical CDs in my CD list and notated single composer discs according to their era from Medieval to 20th Century...

Enjoyed The Tubes “Young and Rich” from 1976 – very hard to find on CD – I have all but three tracks in digital format so the search was on...

Found it and it sounded good...

However, I then looked for “Suffer for Sound” the album they did for A&M in 1980 which was rejected by the company and never released (apart from one track which made it onto the contract fulfilling compilation “T.R.A.S.H.”)...

So, I found all the tracks on Youtube and made two attempts to record them onto the hard drive but, both times, for no apparent reason, the computer turned itself off halfway through...

So I abandoned this for another day...

Whilst doing that though, I’d also been going through all my classical CDs to try and ensure all my faves are on the jukebox – I found they weren’t and, much to Anne’s delight, another few piles of CDs have appeared on another floor...



We drove to see my mum, via Homebase for new kitchen bulbs...

We were greeted by her neighbour’s dog...



Mum was looking well and we enjoyed a couple of hours of chat with her...



...before heading to Anne’s mum’s for tea...

Her crocuses are out...



..and her daffs are splendid...



Jane, Bobby and the kids weren’t in attendance so it was a lot quieter than usual...

Around 8:30 we said our goodbyes...



..and gave nephew Craig...



...a lift home...

Back at Crispycat, telly ruled the evening with Professor Brian Cox’s rather depressing “Wonders of the Universe” – message : everything in the universe will die eventually and time will stop – followed by the penultimate “Outcasts” and “Match of the Day 2”...

A text of support to Pam for tomorrow then off to bed...

Highlight of the Day : Family visits...nah, probably listening to classical music - or that lost Tubes LP...

2 comments:

impossible songs said...

I'm puzzled by Outcasts and ? by Brian Cox. Ali likes them both, what should I do?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Re "Outcasts" just one episode to go and unlikely to be recommissioned so might as well watch the last one - surely it's no worse than "Lost" - which I never was drawn into..

Re "?" stick with it - I now have a new understanding of the futility of everything...