Sunday, October 29, 2006

I am the mediator...

Playlist
Various – My latest top 40 recent releases (Jukebox Shuffleplay)
UK – UK
UK – Danger Money
UK – Lost in Contemplation (Bootleg)
Family – Bandstand
Allan Holdsworth – Jukebox Shuffleplay (12 CDs)
Return to Forever – Light as a Feather

Up later than normal, even with the clocks back, after last night’s fairly pointless stint at the computer til 4am...

Amended the selection of CDs on the shelf in the living room to reflect my current favourite100:-
Recent albums (40)
Re-Issues (20)
Single Artist Compilations (5)
Live Albums (5)
Various Artist Compilations (5)
Jazz (20)
Classical (5)


Spent some considerable time ripping those from this 100 (mainly the live, various and classical CDs) which aren't already in the jukebox, into MP3 format to load up....

But of course before they can go over, I need to delete some albums from the jukebox – and I can’t just delete them, I need to save them back to the computer and then save them onto a DVD so I don’t need to rip them again if I want to put them back on the jukebox....

Such is my pathetic life...

Went outside, for the only time over the weekend, to shop with Anne at Tesco...

There was a strange cloud formation overhead...










Came home and back to the computer to find that John Wetton had posted an apology on his message board to Eddie Jobson thanks to me posting Eddie’s remarks there...

So I then registered for Eddie’s board and posted John’s statement there, thus hopefully healing a long–term rift between two musicians who played together in two of my all time favourite bands, UK and Roxy Music – not to mention the fact that Eddie overdubbed some violin solos on King Crimson's posthumous live album (if there can be such a thing) “USA”...

In the evening we watched “Coronation Street”, I watched a programme on “High St Scams” re credit cads and dodgy waiters and, later on we enjoyed “Arrested Development” and a bit of “Match of the Day 2”...

...and "Torchwood". "Torchwood"?? More like "Torture". It really is terrible....

Highlight of the Day : Healing a rift between John Wetton and Eddie Jobson, hopefully...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good he did that. However, it'd be a miracle if UK ever reunited. He's busy with Asia, and Eddie's now has UKZ.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hi John

Much as every UK fan would love to hear some new music from the band, as you say, the likelihood is extremely remote...

I checked out your Buggles site - good on you for putting it together - some interesting info there...

Personally, I think the Drama album is excellent and think the Buggles short discography of two LPs contains some very fine material indeed - "Video" is, of course, a classic (I've seen Asia do it twice) and I love their take on "into the Lens" on "I Am A Camera"...

Thanks for stopping by....

Cheers